MPH Building Systems were appointed by The Holt School as Main Contractor to design, construct and install a new modular build teaching block comprising of:
- ten classroom areas
- ground and first floor staff offices
- storage rooms
- locker space
- anti-bullying washroom facilities
The full turnkey contract also included a comprehensive external works package incorporating:
- sub-structure foundation and excavation works
- demolition and reinstatement of existing school buildings
- site services installation
- above and below ground drainage works
- installation of external wheelchair access platform lift
- construction of a temporary access road
From initial contract stage the MPH design team worked closely with the school, in conjunction with project building surveyors and Building Control, drawing up detailed plans to create an inspiring learning environment and appealing aesthetic featuring open spaces and natural light.
Full height powder coated aluminium architectural glazing was specified to the main entrance area alongside a gallery style stainless steel staircase with glazed balustrades and complementary decoration scheme. An energy efficient mechanical and electrical scheme throughout included comfort cooling air conditioning and central heating systems.